Monday, May 18, 2009

4x600s UGH

Ok so 400s aren't too bad. I dont have a BIG problem with'em.

Today that intial idea was shattered.

Started out with a 4x600 speed work, then finishing work. Followed by a cool down and stretch.

Doing 12 with equal recovery isn't so bad. Thats when your running at 1: 08-1:20
Things start to change when you up the speed. The first 3 of our 6 were to be a 58. Or my opening lap. The next 3 were to be my second lap. Around 1:04-1:00.

First 3 weren't too bad. Then things started to change, after the first set I freaked myself out. Even before the first 3 I had the mind set that I wasn't going to be able to do this. I know the feeling of a 1:00 flat opening lap. Though at PACs I went a 58. I'm afraid to "venture" into that next range. Its something I havn't done. Specially this late in the season. Plus the pressure of Sectionals are starting to grind at me.

Basicly after the hell of 400s we had a few 150's finishing sprints and a 10 min cool-down followed by a team stretch.

All in all the 400s killed me, Monday pratices are never easy. Least for me there not.

No comments:

Post a Comment