Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some Speed is Better Left On The Track.

It all comes down to this.

Sectionals.

Theres a point in the season in which faster runners ask themselves.
"Can I handle the pressure?"

The workout today was an easy 20 min run, then some finishing sprints. The entire time, we joked around as a team. Though I could not joke out the fact that tomorrow there will be pressure on our 4x800 team. We set the tone for the meet. At PACs we shattered the 4x800 record.

Now we need to out preform everyone on the track, including our best time.

Top 4 make it out of Sectionals and top 3 make it out of Regionals. My hopes are that I'm a 3 Regional runner.

Season is drawing to a close. Getting up to the line, your body feels rough. Unrefined and hard. You have your teamates yelling in the backround. Take a deep breath, and relax. You close your eyes and shake your arms around. Setting yourself up.

"Are you ready?" One of my teamates ask.
"No" I reply "Only when the gun sounds"

The pistol ignites itself and everything changes. Taking off your body feels ready, light, and fluent.

You can try and prepare yourself for the race, but you can't. Nothing can ready you for the hardest race in your High School years.

I hope I make it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment